Venice says it will host Jeff Bezos-Lauren Sánchez wedding, denies reports of possible disruptions for the city

Venice says it will host Jeff Bezos-Lauren Sánchez wedding, denies reports of possible disruptions for the city

The city of Venice said Saturday it will host the high-profile wedding of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sánchez — all while denying the famed vacation spot would be disrupted by gaggles of celebrities and tourists.

The A-list couple will be married between June 24-26, per Italian media reports, after a nearly two-year engagement.

“We are mutually working and supporting the organizers, to ensure that the event will be absolutely respectful of the fragility and uniqueness of the city,” Mayor Luigi Brugnaro said in a statement.

The city denied reports the famous Italian city would be invaded by hundreds of celebrities and possible disruptions for citizens and tourists. Joel C Ryan/Invision/AP

“The many speculations and fake news circulating about Jeff Bezos’ wedding are completely unfounded,” the city’s statement added.

Only 200 guests would be invited to the wedding, Venice said.

The Italian metropolis added it’s “used to being the stage for events and shows every week, without significant impacts” — such as G20 and G7 summits.

It’s also hosted a myriad of different private events and celebrity weddings in the past, including George and Amal Clooney nuptials in 2014.

Several reports in both Italian and international media suggested that Bezos’ wedding organizers had already booked rooms at Venice’s main luxury hotels. FilmMagic

The power couple sent out wedding invites for their wedding earlier in March and plan on getting married on the billionaire’s massive $500M yacht, per Page Six.

Sánchez and Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos have been engaged since 2023. Instagram / @laurenwsanchez
The city in a short statement didn’t give a date for the wedding. Alessio Marini/LiveMedia/Shutterstock

Bezos’ wedding organizers reportedly already booked rooms at the Italian city’s luxury hotels and reserved a sizable number of gondolas and water taxis in late June, according to both Italian and international media.

Venice denied those reports, claiming it “is their utmost priority to make sure the city functions as normal, for all, with no abnormal disruption to anyone.”

With Post wires

source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *